Poihākena tours: stories of Māori in Sydney
From AUD $40.00
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: Poihākena Tour
Experience the Rocks from a Māori perspective, guided by local Māori passionate about their heritage and history - and who know how to tell a good story!
- Visit sites in The Rocks where Māori have lived, loved, visited, traded, worked and died since 1793.
- See Māori taonga ('cultural treasure') found on a local archaeological dig site and now exhibited at The Rocks Discovery Museum.
- Listen to waiata (Māori song)
- Walk down Māori Lane
- Hear stories spanning 225 years- visiting Māori chiefs; kidnappings; trade and more!
- 'Child' price refers to ages 5-17. Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Tours for primary and secondary schools are available anytime on request
- Private and Group tours are also available on request, and offered in both English and Te Reo Māori.