Exclusive Private Time Request: illi-Langi The Rocks Aboriginal Dreaming Tour
- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: The Rock, Sydney, NSW, Australia
- Product code: Exclusive TRADT
Be touched by the most ancient human culture on earth in a 90-minute leisurely walkabout with an Aboriginal guide in The Rocks Sydney, and journey into DreamTime, the culture of Aboriginal People.
This 90-minute leisurely walkabout in The Rocks is a perfect introduction to Aboriginal Culture
showing a perspective of Sydney that is touching, enlightening, and very informative. It is more than a simple walkabout tasting bush tucker.
- Experience a local Aboriginal greeting and learn reasons why our acknowledgement of country exist today
- Meet knowledgeable Aboriginal guides hear some of the recovery Aboriginal language
- Participate in a Sydney cultural acknowledgement of Earth Mother using her ochre (traditional paint)
- Opportunity to handle cultural objects and materials
- Learn about the Aboriginal DreamTime, it’s origin, history and culture
- Understanding the connection between modern Sydney and the Aboriginal Dreaming.
· Cadman’s Cottage – the meeting point for the tour, which begins with an introduction, acknowledgement
to Country and an ochre activity.
· Bligh and Barney Reserve – using seasonal native flora and fauna, the tour focuses on
natural resources and purposes/uses of lilly pilly, cabbage palm tree,
casuarina, lamandra, braken fern, grevillia and Wollemi pine.
· Campbells Cove – offers amazing views of Sydney Harbour. Here, the tour focuses on the Aboriginal
saltwater lifestyle and the spiritual importance of the Aboriginal sites, such as the harbour, Opera House/ Bennelong Point and Circular Quay/Woccamagully.
· Argyle Cut – learn about the importance of Earth Mother’s ochre (a natural paint), which exists in large clay pods on the wall of the Argyle Cut.
Please note: a minimum of 15 adults are required for a private tour. For group sizes with less than 15 adults, the equivalent price of 15 adults will be charged. Child prices are only applicable for groups with 15 adults or more.
Dreamtime Southern X is proudly one of Tourism Australia’s / Indigenous Business Australia’s “Indigenous Tourism Champions Program” product suppliers. This elite group of product suppliers represent the best-of-the best Indigenous experiences in Australia. Additionally we are a member of The Australian Tourism Export Council (ATEC), a certified member of Supply Nation (Aboriginal Corporate Association), Indigenous Chamber of Commerce Member and endorsed by the New South Wales Aboriginal Tour Operators Council (NATOC).
RE: COVID 19
Please cancel (free of charge) if you or any of your group are unwell, have any symptoms of Covid 19 or if you have been in contact with anyone who either has or may have Covid 19. To cancel, please call our office 02 83949940 or email email@example.com
We will refund your payment in these circumstances.
If you haven't already supplied all tour participant contact details (name and email address and/or mobile phone number), please do so before your booked tour date via email (quoting your booking number) to E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note these contact details are for the purpose of contact tracing only and will kept securely for 28 days.
Please ensure 1.5 metre distancing is maintained while your group is participating in the tour.
Please ensure everyone in your group brings a face mask and hand sanitiser, and that they wear face masks if asked by Tour Guide
A reminder to please ensure all in your group wash hands/use hand sanitiser after touching any surface; Sneeze into tissue to maintain hygiene etiquette; Cough into tissues or elbow.
Please also feel free to contact us if you have any questions.