Poihākena tours: stories of Māori in Sydney
- Dauer: 2 Stunden (ca.)
- Ort: Sydney, NSW
- Produkt-Code: Poihākena Tour
- Visit sites in The Rocks where Māori have lived, loved, visited, traded, worked and died since 1793.
- See Māori taonga ('cultural treasure') found on a local archaeological dig site and now exhibited at The Rocks Discovery Museum.
- Visit the archaeological dig site where taonga were revealed
- Listen to waiata (Māori song)
- Walk down Māori Lane
- Hear stories spanning 227 years- visiting Māori chiefs; kidnappings; trade and more!
Scheduled tours depart occasionally during the year. Next tour: Saturday March 28th 2020 (11am – 1pm).
Private, group or school tours can be booked anytime. Bookings essential.
“Poihākena Tours give a voice to the stories of our (Māori) ancestors and whānau/family who came here before us. One in five Māori now live in Australia and these stories are a reminder of our strong connection to Australia, and our history and heritage here.” Hohepa Ruhe, Kotahi Tourism Director
- Winner 2019 'Best Local Experience NSW' - Travel and Hospitality Awards
- Winner 2018 Award for Excellence - Interpretation Australia.
- Winner 2018 Tour Operator of the Year – Sydney (Luxury Tour Guide Award).
- Winner 2015 National Trust Heritage Award - Heritage Tours & Multimedia
- 'Child' price refers to ages 5-17. Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Tours for primary and secondary schools are available anytime on request
- Private and group tours are also available on request.