Poihākena tours: stories of Māori in Sydney
- Kesto: 2 Tunnit (noin)
- Paikka: Sydney, NSW
- Tuotekoodi: Poihākena Tour
- Visit sites in The Rocks where Māori have lived, loved, visited, traded, worked and died since 1793.
- See Māori taonga ('cultural treasure') found on a local archaeological dig site and now exhibited at The Rocks Discovery Museum.
- Visit the archaeological dig site where taonga were revealed
- Listen to waiata (Māori song)
- Walk down Māori Lane
- Hear stories spanning 228 years - visiting Māori chiefs; kidnappings; trade and more!
Scheduled tours depart occasionally during the year. However, due to Covid restrictions, tours are not currently operating.
Private, group or school tours can be booked anytime. Bookings essential.
“Poihākena Tours give a voice to the stories of our (Māori) ancestors and whānau/family who came here before us. One in five Māori now live in Australia and these stories are a reminder of our strong connection to Australia, and our history and heritage here.” Hohepa Ruhe, Kotahi Tourism Director
- Winner 2019 'Best Local Experience NSW' - Travel and Hospitality Awards
- Winner 2018 Award for Excellence - Interpretation Australia.
- Winner 2018 Tour Operator of the Year – Sydney (Luxury Tour Guide Award).
- Winner 2015 National Trust Heritage Award - Heritage Tours & Multimedia
- 'Child' price refers to ages 5-17. Children under 5 are free of charge.
- Tours for primary and secondary schools are available anytime on request
- Private and group tours are also available on request.
- Covid-Safety: Kotahi Tourism is a registered NSW Covid-Safe business. Tour participants are required to check in using the Covid-Safe app.